Connecticut House Bill 6078 – Prohibiting the Use of Red-Light Cameras in the State
February 16, 2021 • bill tracker
Connecticut•Assembly / House
An Act Prohibiting The Use Of Automated Traffic Enforcement Safety DevicesFull Bill Text
UPDATE June 16, 2021: Legislative session ended prior to bill resolution.
Bill 6078 was introduced to the Connecticut Assembly on January 28, 2021. It is pending before the Joint Transportation Committee.
The NMA supports this bill, which would disallow the use of red-light cameras across the state. Among the objections to the use of RLCs:
- Ticket cameras do not improve safety.
- There is no certifiable witness to the alleged violation.
- Ticket recipients are not adequately notified.
- The driver of the vehicle is not positively identified.
- Cameras do not prevent most intersection accidents.
- There are better safety alternatives to cameras.